A New Round of Weariness
The endless day to day weariness of dealing with isolation due to COVID-19 is often overwhelming. We downsized right at the start of this, and I am both happy and sad. Less space to roam around inside, but less to take care of too. We set up spaces in our new place to while away time and refresh ourselves, keep occupied when we are not working. We have a puzzle table, a craft room, a place to play games, and we just had new porches put on this new place, so we have those to enjoy the great outdoors. We also now live in a rural area, so we can take walks. Yet we still feel weary. Why?
Human beings, for the most part, need interaction with others. We are not meant to live in isolation as solitary people. Community keeps us grounded in shared bonds. We encourage each other. We remind each other that life is meant to be shared, and that we shouldn't be selfish with time, resources, or ourselves. This lock down has many of us experiencing cabin fever. Quite a few of us, due to age, or health condition, are isolating to prevent getting COVID-19 and dying from it. Just as much as that, I also don't want to get it, and somehow be one of the people who is asymptomatic, and spreads it to someone who isn't able to survive it and they die. To be other minded, to care about someone other than myself is important to remind me that while I am isolating, others are too, and I am doing this to protect others just as much as myself.
When I walk in that truth, it does help with accepting things. It doesn't really help with the weariness. I am not sure what will help with that. I have been working on getting ready to go back to school to get certified in Professional Coaching. I think that will help. It will allow me to work on something positive while staying put. It will also put in in groups of people going through the same thing as me. Walking alongside others in the midst of struggle can provide a way of overcoming weariness. One other note, living each day as new can also help battle this feeling. Not worrying about what is behind, but living in the day I have. Preparing for tomorrow, but letting it come as it may, and living in the day I have. That can definitely help shake the weariness off.
Comments
Post a Comment