A Pandemic, Riots and Sahara Dust

Large Sahara dust cloud moving 5,000 miles towards Caribbean - St ...

We are in the midst of a Pandemic with COVID-19, which is pretty bad. I live in a state that is seeing rising numbers, and I am isolating because I like to live. I am Diabetic, and have no desire to catch this horrible virus. Isolating is day to day hard. I am fortunate because I do have a job. That is actually helping the isolation feel slightly less mentally challenging. Most of my days are spent working and keeping my mind active. 

In the midst of this pandemic, we are experiencing riots and protests becuase if the world isn't mad enough, the tension high enough, we have finally had revealed the racial bigotry that has long pervaded mankind. We might actually see some change if we can stop rioting and start talking and getting really honest about the reality of treating other differently for a variety of reasons, one of which is color of skin. Many of us have spent a full life denying there is a problem, and no we, societally, cannot do that anymore. 

Now we add in Sahara Dust. Yes, dust from 5,000 miles away. Its creeping in on us adding to a nasty pot of chaos. COVID-19 is a respiratory virus that causes people to gasp for breath, to feel as if you cannot breathe. Now dust is headed our way, which will make breathing even more challenging. We get this dust most years due to the air currents, but this year all climatologists are telling us this round is way more dense and the volume is extremely high. 

Today I feel overwhelmed. Its a one, two, three punch. I am not sure what to make of it all. I just want to go back to bed and hide for a while. If you are reading this, maybe you feel the same way? 

What can I do about any of it? Nothing. I guess I will need to go away and find mind distractions to help me let go of the stress and simply be and let my mind, body, and spirit rest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Round of Weariness

The Denial of Truth